Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pickles and Paint

Before I get into the pickles and paint, let me tell you my wednesday was crazy at work, and I was so glad to be in the car on the way home. Problem was, my brother's car took a crap again. Let me just say, he just bought this used car which is decent. But he's been having some issues with it. So here I am, so excited to have thursday off, couldnt wait to get home, and we lose power some how. :( Luckily we made it safely to someone's driveway and take a look. We ended up calling my stepdad to come with the trailer and get us. Well once we got the car loaded (backwards b/c of the way we were parked) we were finally on our way back. Well my brother looks out the window and sees smoke coming from the trailer tire. The car was too heavy in the back and the fender was wearing on the trailer tire! Thank god my stepdad is awesome (he's always prepared!) we took off the fenders and were finally on our way again. $250 later...

Thursday was fantastic! My friend Becca just graduated from massage therapy school, so I got an AMAZING full body massage! It was so great! I think my last massage was in 2007! Anyways, so then Billie and I made our way to Appleton to go shopping and get delicious sushi!! I also found a great book at half priced books called The Gluten Free Edge. It's a diet cook book. The reason I like it so much, is because it has all the nutritional information with each recipe! I love that!!

So onto today...
Today we went to Menards and bought 10 gallons drywall primer, 5 gallons white paint (for the ceilings), and 10 gallons paint (for walls). We also bought carpet, and vinyl flooring for the living room and bathroom. We are sanding/staining the kitchen, and two bedroom floors. After this is done, all that's left is the cabinets, counter tops, appliances, and lighting! Getting so very close! I can't wait to get some real color on those walls! I'm sick of living in white rooms! :) 
Today I also made Gnocci (Gluten free of course!) YUM! I made this before we went to menards actually. We ate it for lunch with red sauce and garlic bread (mine was gluten free).

Then I took a nap, and began making pickles. I made 7 quarts dill pickles, and 3 quarts bread and butter! Not bad for a day's work. 

I'm actually thinking about making gluten free brownies yet tonight. I've been having a chocolate sweet tooth lately. 

CD10 I took a OPK yesterday, the line was very faint, so I'll test again tomorrow.

I've been jammin out to Ingrid Mickelson Be OK today. I love her! 

Pickles and Baby Dust to you!!
Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment