Monday, July 16, 2012

Meal Plan week of 7/8/12-7/14/12

So when I meal plan, I dont decided what day we are going to have such and such meal. I just decided what we have in the house, what I feel like making and I plan 6 dinners. From there, I make my grocery list, and get the required items. Then, depending on my mood, cravings, and the weather; I decided what we will have for the evening's dinner.  So when I say "Meal Plan" I am referring to the 6 dinners I have planned for for the week.

Here was last week: (7/8-7/14)
*meal planned in black, actual meal made is red

Chicken Stir Fry with jasmine rice (made monday 7/16 instead)
Quesadillas
Pizza
Hamburgers with sweet potato fries
Tuna salad sandwiches with chips
Grilled Cheese with Hummus and Veggies (grilled cheese and salads w/ garden veggies)
           We ended up having chicken caesar salads sunday instead of chicken stir fry.

Having this plan was really very nice! I knew what I was doing when I got home from work. I have been using up my veggies and fruits that may have gone bad if I had waited too long. So it was nice to know I wasn't wasting food, and I was giving Scott and myself a healthy fresh meal! :) Plus I've been using more protein! Wahoo!

Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment