Saturday, June 1, 2013

Labor Watch #1

Like I mentioned in my previous post (week 37) I will be posting updates on our experiences trying to get things moving along. Tomorrow marks 38 weeks. I realize that some people will be appalled that we are trying to naturally induce already, but I will not justify my actions. I know that if baby isnt ready, it wont work. We are starting with the least drastic methods of course.

Method #1 Sex

Attempted 6/1/13

How far along: 37 weeks, 7days

Purpose: ripening the cervix

Results: My braxton hicks contractions did pick up, but have tapered off so far. We'll see what happens once I get to work and am walking around for 6 hours.

Contractions: vary, from 9 minutes apart lasting for 2 minutes, to 16 minutes apart lasting 1 minute. Currently its been 30 minutes since my last.

Tonight we will take a walk, and I will update this post in the morning with the results.

Overall results: while sex was fun (duh!) and I did get a few contractions, it didnt stick. Oh well. Next time. :) and it rained cats and dogs here, so the walk was out. Bummer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment