Tuesday, June 18, 2013

40 Weeks + 2 days Pregnant

So yesterday my contractions really did pick up. I decided I was sick of sitting around so I turned on some old school jams and tried to dance Liam out!! Then I sat on my birthing ball for awhile when I was online. Around 6pm my contractions became more regular. I timed them at 1 min duration with 6 minutes rest. They usually began in my lower back (like period pains) and at times would go to the front in my lower uterus.

Once Scott got home, we went for a 40 min walk, and then made some dinner. Afterwards, I took a nice hot shower, and went to bed. They were pretty consistent throughout the night until 6am when they subsided once again! Sigh! I slept until 8:30, and since then have cleaned and organized a bit more. It feels nice to have the bedroom and bathroom really clean, and ready for my birth team to be here.

I also had text messaged my doula Rachel, last night, and again this morning. She mentioned that usually mommas don't labor during the day unless it's active labor. So I should rest up and be sure I'm eating well today since I will probably need it throughout the night. I have had some contractions today, but they are pretty mild and not building into anything. I can honestly say, I am pretty scared that the evening will come, and nothing will happen. I guess we will see.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's exciting to be able to connect with another mom that is about to pop! Reading your blog is like reading mine LOL.

    It seems for me, I get the painful active contractions early in the morning, it's been like a 5AM kind of thing for the past week! Dr says I'm close so I'm guessing soon here, those 5AM contractions won't subside one of these mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! When I woke up in the middle of the night with a contraction, I wondered if you were awake as well. is that creepy? lol oh well.. :)I cant wait to see a post from you that says your on your way to the hospital!

      Delete