Sunday, June 23, 2013

Labor Update 2

So, my labor stalled around noon today, but there was a lot going on around me, and it was definitely distracting. I had a few contractions, but nothing compared to what I had been having. They still were just as intense and painful, however, not in any sort of pattern. At 2:00 I tried taking a nap in the recliner, and managed to fall asleep for about 30 minutes. I woke up extremely disappointed since I thought everything had stopped. I messaged my doula and told her what was up. She said that my body probably needed a break, and to make sure I ate a protein snack/meal and try to relax/sleep again. I ate, and Billie gave me an amazing foot rub while I was laying in my cool dark room. A few hours later, I began having a few contractions again (yay!) I didn't time them, but they were definitely more patterned. I was hungry again and decided to make some rice and veggies for dinner. It was so tasty! After dinner (about 8pm) my doula called again to check on me. I mentioned that I thought things were starting to pick back up since the sun was setting. She recommended for me to take a light walk and get settled in for the night. I have since walked and took a nice long shower. And here I am...about to crawl into bed time some contractions and read or just plain pass out. I have to admit, my body is tired, my brain on the other hand...has other ideas. We'll see who wins out. Hopefully my next post will be when I have my little boy in my arms! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment