Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pregnancy Week 5

This week was definitely eventful! Sunday we met our doula, Rachel. She is fantastic! Even Scott likes her! As we finished our meeting and we were walking away, first thing from Scott's mouth was "I like her!" I was awestruck. He doesn't ever, ever say that! So that is simply amazing!!
Then on Monday, Billie and I went to Appleton to meet my midwife! There are 2 midwives and 1 advanced student midwife in this practice. Andi and Anja are the midwives, and the student midwife is Julie. We met with Andi, and she is fantastic!! I love her whole aura if you will, she is calm and extremely knowledgeable. Sigh...I love my birth team! :) 

Anyways, I also started my new job this week. I can't say I'm really excited to see what this place has to offer, but I am excited for the health insurance and benefits that come with the job! 

Week 5 has been pretty uneventful as far as symptoms are concerned.

How far along: 5 weeks

Total weight gain: 2lbs

Maternity Clothes: just a bellaband with my jeans.

Stretch marks: no new ones

Sleep: once i fall asleep, its pretty good, then my normal 2am bathroom break, and strange dreams until my 5am bathroom break. Nap if i can around 3pm.

Best moment this week: meeting my birth team!!

Miss anything? my boobs not hurting... 

Food Cravings: crab rangoons!

Anything make you queasy/sick? smells

Gender Prediction: boy

Symptoms: I feel pretty great this week, a little nausea, but it is minimal. My nose is in hyperdrive, and my boobs are flippin huge and sore!!

Wedding ring: On, but tight most days--bloat? 

Mood: Happy to sarcastic most days, so nothing out of the ordinary. A little irritable--shorter fuse maybe.

Looking forward to: My first prenatal visit with my midwife in two weeks hopefully, and having our house finished--if the electrician ever gets here...


No comments:

Post a Comment