Friday, October 5, 2012

Blood Draw / Doc. Visit

Today was my first doctor visit to get my blood drawn to confirm my pregnancy. My appointment was at 8:30am. My bff Billie came with me since Scott was working. The appointment was nothing special, just a quick family history and she wrote up a blood draw for me. We also decided to test my thyroid.

The story behind my thyroid is my mom has Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism. A type of thyroid disorder that is hereditary. Now, I've been tested 3 times for any abnormalities in my thyroid, but all tests have come back negative. Which is good and bad, the thing is, I have many many of the symptoms. Normally, the blood tests tend to come back negative until much later in life. My mom was diagnosed after age 40, and she showed symptoms in her early 20's. So you can see my concern. I have also tired to get referred to an endocrinologist despite my normal blood test, but to no avail.

So anyways, she called me with the results and of course I'm pregnant! Woot!!!! and my thyroid test came back normal. She recommended I talk with the doctor more about it at my 8 week appt. Speaking of, my next appointment will be Thursday, November 8, 2012! My first prenatal appointment! Yaaayyy!!!!

In other fun news, yesterday, Billie and I went to BabiesRus and just had fun getting lost in all the baby gear! I only bought a pack of super cute long sleeved onesies, and also some preggy pop drops for morning sickness--which has begun to rear its ugly head. I also signed up for the rewards card the store offers. It's so silly, but it feels like a badge of honor--like I have a reason to be here! Muhahah... :-P

Anywho, here are the onesies I picked up...

I love the woodland print, especially the owls! Good for a neutral start :)

Nikky


2 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Got to love when a doctor confirms that you are pregnant! I love preggy pop drops, I am 20 weeks and still taking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great feeling! Now I'm setting up interviews with different midwives and doulas! It's so crazy! :)

      Delete