Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pregnancy Week 23



This week went by so fast! It's no wonder why it is Tuesday and I'm finally getting around to writing last weeks blog. Sunday we went to Scott's sister's house for lunch. They live about an hour and a half away. We took a nice scenic route back (which tacked on an additional 30 mins). Oh well, it was nice. Anyways, I ordered a few things this week. That sweater from Target that I blogged about last week, two pairs of pants from Motherhood maternity. And my new prenatal vitamins from amazon. Today I received my pants, and I'm thrilled to say they are fabulous!

Plus Size Secret Fit Belly(r) Twill Maternity Pantsand Plus Size Secret Fit Belly(r) Boot Cut Maternity Jeans

Here are the vitamins I ordered. I cant wait for them to get here!




 Anyways, On to this week's blog. :)

How far along? 23 weeks

Weight gain: +2 for the week, +5 for the pregnancy

Stretch marks: yes! They are definitely getting longer.

Maternity clothes: yes! new items on the way and beginning to fit into some that I already have.

Sleep: definitely have to get up a time or two more the pee throughout the night, and I am finally finding it harder to sleep on my back. I was concerned about this since I try to sleep on my side, but always end up on my back. My doula said not to worry too much about it. I will get uncomfortable when necessary. Other than that, sleep has been pretty good. My dreams are tapering off again, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Best moment: Realizing that Liam moves around like crazy when he hears his daddy talking. :) So cute!

Miss anything? Coffee!

Cravings: Food in general...haha, cucumbers too.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really

Gender: Boy

Movements: All the time, definitely in a pattern throughout the day, and especially when his daddy is around

Symptoms: tired, out of breath, sore lower back, peeing a lot, fetal movements :)

Mood: Fantastic!

Looking forward to: bringing my parents to see my midwife next week. Spring!!!

N.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is really cute! I love reading your posts. I look forward to reading your posts yet to come!

    I don't know that WI had midwives! I kind of want one for my next pregnancy! :) What made you decide to do home birth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!

      We decided to do a home birth before getting pregnant. I am a very natural person, and enjoy proving to myself that I am strong and can accomplish things. Birthing naturally just fit into it. I talked to Scott about it briefly, and he did some research on his own! He found a midwife in our area (Who has since retired) and from her website I found my doula's website and from her resource page I came across the movie The Business of Being Born. After watching it 3 times in one day, I began my Youtube search of homebirth. Boy was I amazed!! My research began, and has continued every since.

      We live in Sheboygan county, and since our local midwife retired, there are no local ladies doing midwifery (until my doula gets her certification--i cant wait! She is so fantastic!) Anyways, We found there were two groups that travel to our area. One in Greenbay, and the other in Appleton. (My sister-in-law is doing a birth center birth in waukesha only a month after me! Im not sure where at.)I met with the appleton ladies first and loved them. Yes the traveling does suck, but its a small price to pay for the birth we want. Wow, sorry this is so long! haha! I feel like I should write a blog post about this or something. :)

      Anyways, I realize I didnt give you any specifics as to the why we chose home birth. Besides the cost being drastically different, the natural-ness of it all is very appealing to me. My pregnancy has so far been extremely healthy (knock on wood), and given it stays that way, there is no reason to be in a hospital. the most natural place to feel comfortable is at home, and the easiest place for a women to allow the process of birth to happen is at home. All sorts of animals have an instinct to stop giving birth when they feel uncomfortable or in danger. Humans are no different. Hospitals are invasive, intrusive, and just plain scary. I dont want to feel rushed in my labor, I want it to happen as it should, not as a doctor or nurse thinks it should. I'm not aganist hospital births, thanks goodness we have them available. But for me and through my research, I have grown comfortable with this concept. Of course there are dangers, but there are just as many, if not more dangers lurking at a hospital because of all the interventions and what not. Hospitals in Sheboygan county are not for all natural birth. They just bought brand new birthing beds and seriously threw out the squatting bars!! Why would you do that?!

      Phew...sorry that was so long winded--I kinda got on a rant there... Hope you dont mind. :) Thanks for reading, I love reading your posts as well, and Forrest is adorable!!

      Delete