Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pregnancy Week 24

This week, work has been insane, and I've been pretty exhausted at home. Monday was my 24 week appointment with my midwife. I brought my parents along so they could ask all the questions they wanted. Since my Mom watched The Business of Being Born and Pregnant in America, she has definitely flipped a new leaf. She is all for me birthing at home, and understands many of my reasons behind wanting to. Yes, there will always be concerns and the possibility of complications, but with a healthy pregnancy, there is no reason to go to the hospital for birth. Anyways, my appointment went great! My blood pressure was perfect, baby was head down already, his heartrate was a strong 130. I was also measuring at 26 weeks, which my midwife told me was normal for short waisted women. I also gained more weight, which I feel is definitely true. My belly sure has popped over the last few weeks, and even more so since my appointment. Also I got my new prenatals in the mail, and started using them this week, I love them! They have an interesting smell. Not like a supplement, but like food! Since that is what they are! They almost remind me of the protein bars I've eaten in the past. The best part is you can take them on an empty stomach, and I can pronounce every ingredient--most of which are actual veggies or fruits!

How far along: 24 weeks

Weight gain: +4 for the week, +9 for the pregnancy

Stretch marks: Yes, mostly on my upper belly

Maternity clothes: yes! My new jeans are amazing!! I feel so much more comfortable in them!!

Sleep: good! I can definitely feel the relief when I turn on my left side. I think I am finally getting to the point where I am getting uncomfortable sleeping on my back.

Best moment: my parents hearing Liam's heartbeat :) <3

Miss anything? Coffee still.

Cravings: orange juice again, tangy fruit things--blueberry, raspberry, etc

Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really

Gender: Boy

Belly button: In, I really think it will stay this way.

Movements: All the time! He's definitely getting bigger in there, his movements are getting stronger and more pronounced.

Symptoms: back ache, sleepy, out of breath

Mood: pretty good, moments of crabbies :)

Looking forward to: My birthday! Thursday is my 27th birthday, we aren't doing anything special on Thursday since I have to work all day and then we have birth class, but Sunday my parents and brother are coming over for a pizza party :)

We were predicted to getting more snow this week, but luckily most of it missed us. I am SO ready for spring!! Every morning the birds are chirping and teasing me that spring is on its way--and then is snows... Daylight savings is starting next week. Another thing to be excited for! We are also beginning to plan my baby shower, which I am so excited for! We are doing a little monsters theme (of course). I have brightly colored paper lanterns of different sizes that I used for my wedding shower and I plan on using the teal, yellow, and lime green ones again. Also I will probably stick with solid color table cloths and plasticware, and decorate with fun monster cut outs as well as a monster cake made by my sister in law. Blog to follow...

Also don't forget that I am updating my Childbirth Class blog every week to add the new week's information. Week 5 will probably take me a bit to complete, we covered a lot of information. Stay tuned :)
N.

No comments:

Post a Comment