Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pregnancy Week 25

Hey look! I'm on time this week! Wahoo!
This week felt like it took forever!!! I'm not entirely sure why, but the days just dragged on and on! Sunday I woke up with very swollen feet and ankles which sent me into panic mode. Checking and rechecking my hands and face to see if anything else was swelling. Billie came over and hung out a bit, then we went shopping (I wore flip flops for the first time this year! Hurray!!) She also painted my toes, since it's getting increasingly difficult for me to reach them and do a decent job of painting. Monday I was still swollen, and I emailed my midwives just so they knew. They gave me some good advice, and the next day the swelling was gone. I basically ended up drinking more water, eating more sea salt and more protein. We had birth class on Thursday, which was also my birthday (what a fun bday huh? work and birth class haha). Oh well. Afterwards, we stopped to get subway, and then to culvers for icecream. We ended the night watching Zombieland and I pretty much passed out after that. Friday I had off, and had to clean the house since my family was coming over on Sunday for pizza and ice cream. :) Saturday I cleaned a bit more and cleared off my bookshelf that I use as my night stand. I moved my books, and placed canvas bins on the shelves to hold Liam's things since his pack n' play with bassinet will be next to it soon. He will be sleeping in there for the first few weeks/months.

How far: 25 weeks

Weight gain: +1 this week, +1 for this pregnancy

Stretch marks: Yes

Maternity clothes: Yes, mostly just pants, shirts, and a few tanks

Sleep: Definitely sleeping on my side most often now. Still pretty consistent sleep, waking once to pee.

Best moment: Organizing my bookshelf/nightstand with Liam's things. I love getting organized!!

Miss anything? Coffee!! or at least coffee without the guilt! I used to have one travelsize mug everyday, and now, even though I switched to half-caf, and drink less on an occasional basis, I still feel guilty!

Cravings: nothing too extreme, OJ, blueberry anything, salty snacks, hot ham and cheese

Anything make you queasy or sick? Friday night we went out for chinese with some friends and the smell of the fish made me really queasy! This was pretty much the first "normal" item that made me this way. Normally the smell of stinky b.o. makes everyone sick...but this fish was sooo terrible to me, we were luckily about to leave and I bolted out of there.

Gender: Boy

Belly Button: In

Movements: All the time, on a regular-ish schedule.

Symptoms: Swelling, very hungry, sleepy in midafternoon, getting slightly more snappy/moody, out of breath.

Mood: usually pretty good, a little touch and go at times.

Looking forward to: the next childbirth class, we are doing a "labor rehearsal"! Sounds fun! Also I'm looking forward to St. Patty's day--even if I cant drink, my brother-in-law's irish rock band are playing locally and I'm stoked!!

--I am still planning on working on my notes from my childbirth class week 5 and 6. And also my baby shower planning ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment