Saturday, September 1, 2012

reveal ideas

Sometimes I get stuck watching baby announcement videos on you tube. Like "Surprise! we're pregnant!" It really makes me smile and/or cry! Some of them are so touching and it's so funny seeing the way people react. I think I just spent and hour or more watching these! I wanted to note a few ideas here for when the time comes for me to reveal my pregnancy to my parents.

*fortune cookies restuffed with "You will be a grandparent in (month)" fortune.

*gift of a ring to grandma and this note along with it:
            Dear Mom, You are the greatest and the best in all the land.
            We hope you really enjoy this, especially on your hand.
            We'd really like to thank you for everything you did.
            And by the way, in (month), You're going to have a grand-kid!

*line everyone up for a photo and instead of saying cheese say "Nikky and Scott are Pregnant!"

*Card appropriate for the season/holiday that is near our reveal, and it is written out to "grandma &
   grandpa"

*fun video/photo/slideshow that we show to them after we went on "a day trip" and wanted to show them the pictures from our trip. Add a photo in the middle of us holding up a sign that says "We're Pregnant!"



of course there are so many other ideas that would make the day so special, and we really wouldnt have to do anything extravagant to make it an amazing day, but here are just a few to remember for when it's time. :)

Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment