Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pregnancy Week 36

This week seemed to have just eased right on by. Once all the craziness was over from last week, I found I was searching for things to do to keep my mind occupied. I had a dentist appointment on Tuesday, and a midwife appointment on Wednesday. First off, I haven't been to the dentist in a few years since I didn't have health/dental insurance. But luckily, I only have 3 cavities (that the dr. could see w/o doing x-rays of course). Which made me happy. I get those filled June 4th. Second, my midwife appointment went well. My blood pressure was normal, my pre-eclampsia and group B tests came back negative. The only concerning factor was my in my liver panel my Albumin was low. Which basically means I need to eat LOTS more protein. It's like the pre-cursor to pre-eclampsia. So at this point we can still reverse it with diet. I also did get 6hr work restrictions, which starts tomorrow. Also my fundal height was measuring at 43 weeks, and Liam's estimated weight is up to 7.5lbs!! His heartrate was perfect at 150, and he is still head down.  :)

How far: 36 weeks

Weight gain: up 3 from last week, total for this pregnancy 37.

Stretch marks: of course

Maternity clothes: yes, the only thing I can wear. Im anxious to see where Im at after he's born.

Sleep: its been ok to crappy. my hands fall asleep all the time. I wake up a lot to turn, but find my hands asleep and rarely am I able to get the feeling back before I fall asleep again. This has been very frustrating, as it makes it even more difficult to roll over.

Best moment this week: Finishing the week out (today is sunday) That means I've made it to full term!! :)

Miss anything? My body to myself. I know it sounds terrible, but I am so entirely ready for Liam to be here and to get to know my own body again. I realize there will be many adjustments and changes to relearn, but to sleep on my belly again, have feeling back in my hands, and to see my ankles...sigh...

Cravings: nothing in particular. Ive been pretty focused on getting more protein that I haven't really paid attention to my cravings. I have started eating eggs again, mostly scrambled with spinach and feta.

Anything make you queasy/sick? not particularly. smelly people...ha.

Gender: Boy

Wedding rings: officially off this week. I tried on Wednesday, but it wasn't going anywhere.

Belly button: I didnt think it was going to change still, but it is definitely more shallow than the last few weeks.

Movements: absolutely,  but he is definitely more restricted.

Symptoms: pubic pain, hands falling asleep--almost carpal tunnel like, feet and ankles and calves swollen--seemed slightly better than last week, tired--I've been napping more here and there, braxton hicks contractions--usually in my lower back--very close to my old period cramps.

Mood: emotional, but excited--looking forward to having my little man in my arms!

Today we stopped at an awesome garage sale and I found tons of clothes for Liam. Jeans, pants, dress shirt with vest and tie, onesies, shirts, socks, sleepers, etc. Some really awesome finds. Two grocery bags full for $29.50! Sweet! We really did need more clothes for him. I have the washer going as I type this, I am definitely organized enough for him to get here. I have the 6+ month clothing put away, and everything else washed or being washed and ready for him. The pack n' play is set up and ready with freshly washed sheets. The boppy is waiting, his diaper station is waiting (we'll start using cloth after the meconium stage), the bouncy seat is in the living room anticipating his arrival. Gosh, I cant wait! I'm glad that for the most part, we are ready and not rushing around anymore. I think I may run a bath and then perhaps take a nap. Last night was one of the worst sleep wise in a long ass time! I'd love to relax in a steamy bath. But first, I must switch laundry over and get our last load of baby laundry in before he gets here! Hurray!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment