Friday, August 17, 2012

Groceries, dying, new house? wait...what?

Today I picked up my groceries for the next week of meals and then some. I paid $170 total, and got everything I needed. :)

Yesterday we found out that my mother-in-law's mom died in her sleep at the age of 93. She was a sweet but tough lady from what I managed to get from the 2 years of knowing her. What a way to go though! I hope it was so blissful, and the angels came and guided her to heaven! Scott's family deals with death a little differently than mine, and they are pretty nonchalant about it. My family on the other hand goes through all the tears, memories, laughs, etc. We are a little more...emotional about these things.

So...because of the recent death, Scott's parents want us to buy the farm that grandma and grandpa live/lived on (I'm not sure where grandpa is going yet...) So if we buy this farm, we would have to move there obviously...which was our ultimate goal but we honestly didn't think it was going to happen so fast. We are not even finished with our downstairs unit where we planned on moving into in the next month and renting out the upper unit. Yes, we would obviously just rent the lower unit as well, but I guess I was really looking forward to living downstairs. I've been planning and picturing it for so long. All our hard work has gone into this place, and I truly cannot picture myself never living in it. We've been on our own as a married couple since feb this year, and we are finally getting to where we planned on being in the first place. I guess I was just looking forward to relaxing and enjoying my house a bit before we worried about moving to the farm.

But, I guess that's how these things work. I mean in my mind, we really didn't have enough room in the lower unit (or the upper for that matter) for a baby room and our hobby room (or infinity room as Scott calls it--since there is an infinity of possibilities of what the room could hold...jajaja). I need a set space where I can make my soap and natural products instead of cartin' it all to the kitchen to spend a week making things and then moving it all back to try to find space for the soap to cure. All I really really need is lots of shelves, a microwave, an outlet, and a work bench. Clearly that wasn't happening in a two bedroom lower in a duplex. I know I planned the rooms in this house, and I knew how small I was making everything, but my family center has always been the kitchen/dining room. So I made it bigger, the rooms smaller, and it is what it is... Anyways, that's neither here nor there...

I would be thrilled to move to the farm since it was where we wanted to end up anyways. I cant wait to live in the country again!! Peace and quiet, starry nights, quiet, bonfires, privacy...did I mention quiet? This could ultimately be our "happy ending". Rental duplex in town with two renters, bringing in approximately $1,000/month. In a year my debt will be paid off and hopefully I will be pregnant or have given birth. I could stay home and make sell my soaps, and work on the farm. Sigh...I love the thought. But its just so abrupt.

more soon... :)
love and angel blessings!!
Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment