Monday, April 1, 2013

Pregnancy Week 28

We had our 28 week appointment on wednesday. It all went pretty well. Scott came with, and we had a pretty fun day. Liam's heartrate was 135bpm, and he was head down still (yay!). I did discuss with my midwife if I should do the gestational diabetes test. We decided that since I was borderline hypoglycemic in the past that we would go ahead and draw some blood. Then I got up on the scale and I had gained 11 pounds!!! WTH!?! where did that come from!? I didnt realize it was so much until I got home and looked at my chart online. Ok, then my midwife measured my fundal height, and I measured at 37 weeks!!! ok, I have no waist at all, and it can be common for short waisted women to measure a few weeks ahead, but 9weeks!?! My midwife admitted that she was glad we were testing for GD now. Everything else looked wonderful, my blood pressure was perfect, and we made our next appointment for 4 weeks. I got the results back from the blood test the following friday. Normal range is between 4% and 6%. My blood tested at 5%. So I am smack dab in the middle of the normal range! (Yay!) But I am still concerned about measuring so far ahead. It has really got me thinking if I was off with my dates way back when. I happened to be looking at my old blogs and realized that the one craving that has stayed with me this entire pregnancy has been orange juice. This may be a coincidence, but in my August 28th blog I mentioned that I have been craving OJ like crazy! I know if I was pregnant then I most likely wouldnt have cravings. But it was just weird. Anyways, now that makes me nervous. What if I am 4 weeks further along?! I never did a dating ultrasound so I really have no way of knowing. I'm fine with not knowing IF I know I could still deliver at home if I went in to labor 4 weeks early as well. Does that make sense? If my new due date would be May 16th (ish), and I went into labor then, I would be considered preterm labor according to my current due date of June 16th. How would we know that I would really be 40 weeks? The chances are lower that I would go before my due date so maybe (if my dd was may 16th) I would go until 41 or 42 weeks. Then I would deliver around June 1--in which case I would think I was two weeks early (if my dd was really june 16th) haha...sorry if that was really confusing! Just my crazy thoughts right now. Gosh I couldnt imagine really being 32 weeks right now! Crazy!! anywho...

How far: 28 weeks??

Weight gain: up 11 lbs (I blame the doctor's scale?) +27lbs for the pregnancy

Stretch marks: yes

Maternity Clothes: of course, pretty much everything

Sleep: About the same as last week.

Best moment this week: Spending time with Scott at our appointment and just enjoying the day with him. Oh I also finally got my hair cut! Just a few inches off, but it feels so nice to be able to leave it down and not feel like my split ends are going everywhere!!

Miss anything: not really

Anything make you queasy/sick? not really

Gender: Baby Boy!

Belly button: In

Wedding rings: I did wear it one day, but usually I choose not to wear it.

Movements: oh yes! much much more pronounced. I can tell he is starting to run out of room.

Symptoms: back aches! (my chiro is this coming wednesday, hopefully it will help), my pubic pain is still there, swollen feet/ankles at times, tired, lack of motivation--from being exhausted from work.

Mood: good, tired and lack of motivation, but good overall.

Looking forward to: shower planning, getting my new glasses, cleaning out the baby's room and starting on that project.


I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter! We had a great time at Scott's parent's house for lunch, and then visited with my stepdad's side in the early afternoon.
Nikky

No comments:

Post a Comment