Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plans for the future...

Good Afternoon! 
I just figured I would write up my tentative plan for my pregnancy/delivery/postpartum.

Pregnancy: I want to see a OB/G, as well as a midwife. Obviously be as healthy as possible. Maybe use the Brewer Pregnancy Diet http://drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/ Exercise, and work as up to a month before my due date.

Labor: I want to have my husband, doula Rachel, my midwife, and my best friend Billie there to help me. I want to be able to walk around and move my hips to help baby get into position.

Delivery: I want to birth at home in a birthing pool. Candles and music, lights low. I'm thinking about using hypnobirthing. I definitely feel labor and birth is rite of passage from maiden to mother. I'm thinking about mother directed pushing. No episiotomy. No cord cutting until it has stopped pulsating.

Postpartum: Cloth diapering of course! Breastfeeding! Baby Wearing! Co-sleeping! (I'm on the fence about vaccines currently-more research on my part must be done) Stay at Home Mom! Meal Planning! Make my own Baby Food! the list goes on and on :)



So that's my plan as of right now. I'm so very excited to get this underway!! The 2WW is already killing me! 

2 comments:

  1. A huge congrats to you and your man. I am 14 weeks preg and its so great to meet other preggy bloggers!

    Antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry sweetie I thought you were already pregnant when I wrote my last comment.
    I have a great feeling that it won't be long till you will be writing some preggy blog posts and we can exchange GF preggy recipes!
    All the best of luck to you and your man through this exciting journey. You will be in my thoughts and and prayers.
    Sending you all my positive vibes!! xx

    ReplyDelete