Monday, August 5, 2013

Meal Plan Ideas 8/5-8/11

Here are some of my meal plan ideas for dinner this week: 

Sloppy Joes
Complete with homemade pickles and steak fries :) YUM!

Click here to find recipe   
























Taco Braid
Salsa, sour cream, and guac on the side.

Recipe


Chicken Pot Pie
We have carrots and beans in our garden, I'll add some frozen corn since our corn isnt quite ready yet. I will also probably use a crescent roll crust, I'm not sure yet.
Recipe


Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad
Recipe



Lemon Bars
I also plan on making these! I love love love lemon baked goods!
Two Ingredient Lemon Bars
Recipe


Banana Bread
And we need to use up some bananas, so I cant help myself...The lemon bars may get pushed off until next week, depending on if we eat this up. 
This is by far the best banana bread recipe I've ever had! Moist and delicious!! We sub 1 cup of local honey for one of the cups of sugar, and Scott doesn't like nuts, so we use chocolate chips! Even better IMO!

Recipe



Well there ya have it. We also do a day of sandwiches or Brinner (breakfast for dinner) and of course a day of leftovers. If we have lots of leftovers then we will have one of these the next week. Now to make my shopping list.



2 comments:

  1. I found you from Flip Flop and What Nots. As part of my attempt to balance working motherhood better (our discussion from Flip Flop's) I am planning meals this week. Do you do this every week? If not, you should. I would love to steal some of your suggestions. Going to follow you either bloglovin (if you're on there) or email.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Thanks for stopping by :) I do meal plan every week, I just dont always post about it--mostly because I forget, or they are my made up recipes. (however, i do have some older posts about meal plans) I love love love to cook and am always experimenting but never write down my recipes. I am joining up with bloglovin today so i can reach more people for me to follow as well as be followed. :) I will make more of an effort to post my meal plans. I soon will be starting my in home daycare, so there will be a full day's worth of meals vs just dinners.

      Delete